Round Beef Roast!
Baby Potatoes!
And something with Spinach!!!
Let's get started:
I ended up taking my roast & searing all sides after generously seasoning it with salt and pepper, then inside the 325 degree oven it went uncovered for 2 hours.
While that was cooking up I made some onion and mushroom gravey which I love!
That was rather quick and I still had so much time to spare, on to the next craving...baby potatoes!! Since these are much faster cooking wise I figure I would toss them in some fresh minced garlic, thyme and rosemary with a touch of butter (as butter has a magic way of making everything taste better!) I joined that with the roast and let that sit roughly for 40 minutes. I'm obsessed with garlic and roasted is my fav!
Lastly my spinach! I decided I would go ahead and make some spinach pies, I already had the phyllo dough handy. I sautéed some onions until they were translucent, squeezed as much water out of the spinach as I could and joined the two ingredients together. I transferred the mix in a large bowl adding one egg and 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese giving that a really good mix! As I set the bowl aside the phyllo dough was my next task, which to be quite honest was a bit frustrating (here and there). It's been awhile since I made spinach pies and I forgot how fast phyllo dough dries, with that said you must move rather quickly. Peeling off one sheet at a time buttering it all down lay five-six sheets on top of each other before placing the spinach mixture on top. Fold to your desired triangle shape and as you guessed, in the oven it goes! It worked out well really because all items were temperatured at 325 degrees so didn't need to adjust, it's just the timing you need to keep an eye on. The pies took an hour, I dalloped some sour cream next to it on a plate and kept it rather simple.
Here's the results:


No comments:
Post a Comment