Thursday, March 12, 2015

Artichoke, shrimps and flowers!



Good day beautiful folks!

So I decided to get a little fancy and create something I never had before (and because we had some artichokes staring at me begging to be cooked) Boy was I glad I did!!! I boiled the artichokes for a bit, total timing was 45-50 minutes (but I did have 3 rather large artichokes).

Once they were cooked I pulled the leaves off and trimmed off the tip as some poked me, I chopped up the artichoke hearts which is my favorite part and kept it on the side until I peeled off all the leaves. For the hearts I decided I would sautee them in extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper awaiting for them to get some color.. As soon as they did I tossed in a little garlic and handfuls of spinach. Once the spinach wilted I added in some chopped brie cheese until it melted a bit then topped it off with some freshly grated parmesan cheese, put the lid on halfway then shut the heat off. (All I have to say YUM!)

I decided with the artichoke leaves I would somewhat keep it in the same flavors sauteing them with garlic but added some butter (butter just makes everything taste better, *sigh*). This was rather quick, once it was all covered in the delicious butter-garlic mixture I squeezed lemon atop and plated.


Whaddaya think?



Adding on to dinner I had some shrimps on hand and was craving for an extra kick, all it took was six ingredients, my chopping board and sautee pan! Let's get chopping!! A medium onion diced, red pepper diced small, 2-3 chili peppers (depending how spicy you like it), cilantro roughly chopped, shrimps cleaned and a cup of corn.

I cooked the onions first in extra vigin olive oil until it's translucent, threw in the diced red peppers and chili peppers so they can cook well together, seasoned it with some salt and pepper and allowed it to sit in the pan for about 2-3 minutes before adding in the shrimp. I laid the shrimp flat in the pan waiting for them to turn pink before turning it to the other side. I put in about a teaspoon of butter added in the corn waited another 2 minutes then threw in the cilantro, mixed everything together and set up the table. Shrimps cook rather quickly so it really was just one, two, three EAT!

I still had some white rice left over and topped them off with the shrimp and it was a meal in heaven.


Ingredients:



Ready to eat: 

 
And to top the delicious meal I was surprised with some beautiful flowers!  What a wonderful evening it was!!!  🌸🌺




Hope you guys try it! If you do please take some pictures and share them, wishing you a fab one! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment