Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Tasty Tuesday

So it continues, I have another delish healthy recipe to share with you all!

I am trying to keep up with the healthy eats during the week and be 'relaxed' on the weekends to kind of ease my way into having a more healthy eating life style. As you'll see I WON'T be eating like I'm a rabbit and starve myself but rather I am choosing healthier meals rather than the whole 'grab-and-go' at lunch time, etc... I don't want this to be just a diet where I'm concentrating on the scale 24/7, calorie-counting, food weighing and most importantly having a growling stomach. What I am looking for is a life style change. So as I said I will inch my way there until I've made the transition (but chocolate will always stay-in moderation of course). I'm not saying my way is the right way, but as of right now this way is the 'right way for me.' Everyone is different and I'm sure some people may disagree with me so before we get into that judgy-place let me just say 'let's agree to disagree, shall we?' Here's MY game plan, if you would like to join me or try out some of the delish clean eats then AWESOME! If you would like to share some of your recipes, tips and pics then even BETTER!!!!

So Sunday-Friday (lunch) I will be making meals and doing my best on eating clean. On Friday and Saturday nights it's the time I cheat on my 'clean-eats' and indulge a bit, when I say that I'm not scarfing down a huge triple-decker sundae (if that even exist...hmm would be interesting though!) but Friday nights is usually sushi nights with the boyfriend a glass of wine and much needed cuddling after the long week. Saturdays depends really, it's up in the air, sometimes we have Thai, Colombian or whatever we choose (I'm hoping this Saturday we can go to Ippudo) AND dessert! So yeah that's it, nothing crazy just two people finding their way.

Last night we had some salmon steaks, absolutely delicious!! It was a team effort as he seasoned the salmon and when I got home I made a little dressing for it then cooked the bad boys!



 
He seasoned them with red crushed pepper, sea salt, black pepper, garlic, dill, sesame seed, parsley and onion powder.
 
For the Dijon-Garlic mix:
  • 1 tbsp of crushed garlic
  • 1.5-2 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 2 tbsp parsley
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1 lemon-juice (and reserve some slices on top as garnish)
  • salt and pepper (to taste)
  • extra virgin olive oil (no exact measurement, use as necessary)
Once you've gathered your ingredients turn on the oven to 400 degrees.


Mix well together in a bowl, set aside. Now what I did was cook the salmon in a pan skin side down with olive oil for about 2-3 minutes, flipped them over for a minute then on the tray lined with foil skin side down again, it makes the skin crunchy which I love. I then took a piece of sliced lemon put it on top and in the oven they go for 15-17 minutes (depends how thick your salmon pieces are and how 'well-done' you like them).

Once those were done I pulled 4 basil leaves from my basil plant and put the sliced lemons back on top waited for 10 minutes (he was steaming some sweet potatoes in the process) sliced an avacado in half and vĂ­ola, dinner is served!!!


Now that's some good eats!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment