Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Swatches to share

Good day to all you beautiful people, I have a beauty swatch to share today!

While bumming around and having a completely relaxed weekend on my sofa, one of those cosmetic commercials came shooting across my television screen getting my attention "maybe she's born with it" of course it was one of the beautiful models showing off her extra glossy pink pigmented pout making me want to achieve that same look! Oh gotta love Maybelline! So then I was urged to buy some new lipsticks (like I don't have enough) and off to my local drug store I went. I picked up a few pieces from various makeup companies and want to share my goodies with you.

So as Maybelline was the main reason I went to the store I kind of got lost like a kid in a candy store picking up all sorts of things (I didn't need). I was comparing colors, checking out what was the new thing and who had what and where, so as you can imagine I was at the store for a good amount of time. Surprisingly I picked up only one thing from Maybelline and that was me restocking on my favorite foundation.

I've been using the 'Fit Me Foundation' in Natural Beige 220 and I absolutely LOVE it! It's easy to apply and covers all my imperfections so I've always been satisfied. When I went to grab another bottle I saw Maybelline came out with a new 'fit me,' at first I was worried not knowing what to expect. You know how it is when you fall in love with a product you want that to always be accessible to you untouched by the company afraid they may 'taint' perfection (okay well that's how I feel).
 

To start off I must say it's really nice that this foundation comes in a wide selection of colors so you're sure to find something close to your color. It's lightweight not cakey at all, a little bit goes a long way, it's a buildable foundation if you're looking for more coverage. I have oily skin and I feel this gave me more of a dewy natural look which I love (a little tip, I put a squirt of Josie Maran argan illuminizer in with my foundation, mix with my finger then apply). Before Maybelline I was an addict to Make up For ever HD Foundation and I hate to say this because it really is a great product but I had to love and leave it as it made me super oily! When I find the right foundations that match me I'm like Cha-Ching! The more options the better, so I'm always open to suggestions if you guys can give me a few that you're loving that would be GREAT!

 **Here's the new bottle**



The next item thrown in my shopping cart was the Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder, Light Bronzer 7320. I wasn't sure what to really think to be honest, I've heard a few things but not enough to make me jump up and say "I gotta go get it!" I stumbled upon this as I was checking out some of the goodies from Maybelline, it looked cute!

Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder, Light Bronzer 7320- .4 oz
That little pink heart is what did it for me! (**sucka**) yeah it got me! Haha...
It says that the overall colors in the palette is suppose to even-out skin tone with flawless radiance and the pink heart was the pop of color. For me personally I would wear this on days I really don't feel like wearing make up. It gives a subtle bronze color which is a major plus as some affordable brands tend to have more of an orange in their bronzer rather than the brown-gold. It's super easy to apply so if you're a beginner I would recommend this to start off with as it has the right amount of shimmer, so hands down no complaint with my new find. Oh and did I forget to mention it was only $13-14.00!

Next great finds...LIPSTICKS!! No girl can have enough lipsticks, trust me on that one! I was quite surprised to find my next buy to be "Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color" OMG awesome lipsticks and fantastic buy!! I ended up buying a few, swatched them and put them on so you can see.




In order from top left to right, to second row and last row (all going left going to right).
 
  • 901B-Think Pink
  • 903C-Just Peachy
  • 907C-Mauve Outta Here
  • 967-Dollhouse Pink
  • 966-Don't Blink Pink
  • 968-Pinkerbelle
  • 911D-Spotlight Red
  • 908C-Sugar Plum Fairy
 
 
The colors are so pigmented, glides on smoothly and lasts!!! Go out to your local drug store and snag a few of these babies, it's a little less than $3.00 and totally worth it!! I'm excited to see what other colors I missed as I'm sure there's more.
 
So overall the lipsticks were the BEST BUYS!!
 
 
I actually will be doing a little shopping here and there and I'll share some of my cool finds with you guys, I'll post it some time this week so make sure you come visit soon! Either way I'll have something up :)
 
 
 
 
~'Til next time dear friends....


No comments:

Post a Comment