Thursday, March 26, 2015

Bittersweet birthday

It’s time for celebration, a night filled with laughter and a bright eyed gal was to blow candles to her cake instead…there were tears pooling in my eyes, a shattered heart as I had to find a way to say goodbye and bury my dad.
 
Today makes a year that he’s been gone and this day will never be the same. There’s still so many things I wish I could’ve said or done over again but sadly I don’t have the power to turn back the hands of time, all I can do is talk to you even though I can’t hear your response and know you’re watching over me. I would trade anything to hear you laugh just one more time…the little things we overlook make the biggest impact.
 
There are so many lessons we learn in life even in our adult life about ourselves. We tend to think back on situations that wasn’t that important, people that really didn’t matter and the heartache, stress and nonsense we put ourselves through. Lovers that didn’t appreciate us to our full potential, friends who have disappointed us and even some family members who simply didn’t quite understand…that pain and sadness seems like a breeze as nothing compares to how my heart has been broken in two.
 
I know you’re flying high living in paradise and as selfish as I sound I wish you were still here with me. I know you would want me to be happy and have the greatest day as birthdays are a celebration of life, it’s hard but I promise I will try my best
 
Dear friends all I can say is you never know what will happen so be kind to others, be kind to yourself and never judge as you don’t know what someone is going through or feeling. Just because someone always smiles doesn’t mean they don’t hurt, even the prettiest eyes have cried, it just takes a certain kind of person to get up and not take it out on anyone else and continue on their journey in life…Take care of each other, tell those you love how you feel, take time for everything, don’t take life for granted and be brave enough to pursue and live out your dreams. I want to wish you all immense happiness, love and blessings not just today but everyday.
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment