I've had my fair share of hot chocolate and I would always end up at Serendipity 3 sipping away but let's beat the ultimate crowd of tourist and head somewhere different; how about Jaques Torres Chocolates. It's a bit pricey ($18.00 to be exact) but it's Friday treat yourself to some chocolate goodness and indulge as there's other sweet wonderful treats there for you to definitely try!
Now if you would rather just run home and make something (and when I say that I definitely do mean spike your beverage making it an 'adult drink') then by all means run on home!! When we make hot chocolate at home we-when I say 'we' I really do mean my boyfriend (haha) heats up the milk in a pot then pours in on top of the cocoa. I've never had this brand before but I admit it's delicious! It's the Rapunzel Pure Organic Cocoa Powder (I'll insert a picture below) he stirs it in and we like to add some condensed milk. 'Boy oh boy!!!!!! It's soo good!'
If we're not in the hot chocolate mood we opt for coffee and add in some good ole classic Bailey's liquor topped with whipped cream. Simple, to the point and good, now if you want to get creative I've listed some recipes below:
Hot Buttered Rum Cocktail
Recipe courtesy of Emeril LagasseLevel: Easy
Total Time: 21 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Servings: 10-12
- Ingredients:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- Bottle dark rum
- Boiling water
Directions:
In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Refrigerate until almost firm. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the butter mixture into 12 small mugs. Pour about 3 ounces of rum into each mug (filling about halfway). Top with boiling water (to fill the remaining half), stir well, and serve immediately.
This next one is a wild one that I am looking forward to trying, it's like a guilty delight. I mean c'mon read the name of this savvy drink! B-A-C-O-N!! Sheesh hazelnut and then liquor!? Whoa liw this couldn't get any better, check it out!
Bacon, Bourbon, and Hazelnut Hot Chocolate
Recipe from: Maggie Hoffman (serious eats)
Level: Easy
Total Time: 20 mins
Servings: 4
Ingredients:
- 4 thick-cut slices of bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- pinch kosher salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces Frangelico
- 4 ounces Bourbon
- Whipped cream and chopped toasted hazelnuts for garnish
Directions:
- Cook bacon in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-low heat until crisp and rendered. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Pour fat into a small bowl and stir in corn starch with a fork.
- In medium saucepan, stir cocoa with sugar and salt. Stir in reserved bacon fat/corn starch mixture, milk, milk chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate. Heat over medium heat until, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is hot. Gently whisk to completely homogenize mixture.
- Add Frangelico and bourbon. Pour into individual serving cups. Top with whipped cream, chopped toasted hazelnuts, and a strip of bacon. Serve immediately.
You should give it a try! Snap a quick pic and share your thoughts with me.
Now on to the serious stuff, let's talk about the EATS!!!!!
On this snowy day if you're up for the wait and want to eat some ramen noodles like you've never had before I would say "please, please go to IPPUDO!" It's kind of a secret, either you know about it or you don't...so here I am sharing one of the secrets with you great folks on the good eats! Shigemi Kawahara, the Ramen King is a total genuis!!!! I've been here a handful of times, always a wait but always well worth it! I'm going to share some of my favorite items with you.
Cocktails is usually the first thing ordered after anticipating that wait; I've had the hakata, sumari, flavored sake, hot sake (can't remember which at this moment) and of course sapporo! The appetizers to try are the buns, you can choose chicken, pork or vegetable. But I always order the pork!
Hamachi carpaccio, maguro tartar, samurai rib (YUM), yuzi pepper shrimp and the next time I want to try the duck appetizer; kamo sukiyaki! And for the ramen I've almost tried them all but usually stick to the classics I know because it's just so damn good; the shiromaru hakata classic, karaka men which is spicy and the akamara modern. They are all good! I always get them topped with the pork belly fat (sounds gross and totally not good for you but well worth it!) don't worry about your diet now you won't regret it!!!
Now on to the serious stuff, let's talk about the EATS!!!!!
On this snowy day if you're up for the wait and want to eat some ramen noodles like you've never had before I would say "please, please go to IPPUDO!" It's kind of a secret, either you know about it or you don't...so here I am sharing one of the secrets with you great folks on the good eats! Shigemi Kawahara, the Ramen King is a total genuis!!!! I've been here a handful of times, always a wait but always well worth it! I'm going to share some of my favorite items with you.
Cocktails is usually the first thing ordered after anticipating that wait; I've had the hakata, sumari, flavored sake, hot sake (can't remember which at this moment) and of course sapporo! The appetizers to try are the buns, you can choose chicken, pork or vegetable. But I always order the pork!
Hamachi carpaccio, maguro tartar, samurai rib (YUM), yuzi pepper shrimp and the next time I want to try the duck appetizer; kamo sukiyaki! And for the ramen I've almost tried them all but usually stick to the classics I know because it's just so damn good; the shiromaru hakata classic, karaka men which is spicy and the akamara modern. They are all good! I always get them topped with the pork belly fat (sounds gross and totally not good for you but well worth it!) don't worry about your diet now you won't regret it!!!
Tonight for my personal T.G.I.F. we will be enjoying a night in with some delicious Japanese cuisine, it won't be any ramen noodles but will be just as yummy!! Lamb chops, chicken teriyaki, sushi rolls galore, our friendly under the sea creatures and more! Of course a fine bottle of red and pies from 'Little Pie Company' along side some vanilla ice cream.
Well I have to get back to my sweet treats and continue the night of warm snuggling! So I hope I managed to give you a few ideas and you're willing to try them out, let me know how it goes!! Enjoy your Funday Friday and keep warm, until next time.
XO




No comments:
Post a Comment